- Both Direct and SME data are powered by MTN Nigeria.
- Two different departments though.
- Direct is coded via 131 while SME is on 461 script
- The mtn sme data plans are cheaper. SME has no daily data plan and weekly data bundles.
- The mtn Direct data has Pay As You Go data bundle, daily, weekly and monthly data plans. The Direct data is easier to subscribe as they have higher monthly data packages up to 110GB
- It is assumed that SME exhausts faster than DIRECT. But Xpino Systems Solutions can categorically say SME browses faster than DIRECT.
- Both MTN Direct and SME rolls over. This means if you another data while there is data on the sim both data will be added together.
- The major difference between 9mobile Direct and SME data is that while the Direct data rolls over, SME does not roll over. In lighter English, if you have 2gig 9mobile Direct then buy 1gig 9mobile Direct on same sim, your new balance will be 3gig 9mobile data. 9mobile SME does not add up.
- However, if you have 2gig 9mobile SME data on a phone then buy 1gig SME data, the one gig knocks of the initial data on the sim. It is safer to let your allocation get exhausted before buying a new one.
- You can check the balance of 9mobile Direct data by dialing *228#
- You can check the balance of 9mobile SME data by dialing *917*9#
- SME data is way cheaper than Direct data.
- You can not buy SME data from two sources. The first seller will have to delete you from their Share Data Group before a new seller can sell to same sim.
Differences between MTN SME/Direct Data and 9mobile SME/Direct Data